Train the Trainer (Facilitate Learning)
...is used to refer to the need to provide people who offer training and instruction with training of their own so that they can provide suitable education to their students.
Aligned to Unit Standard - 117871
This workshop has been designed for those who intend to facilitate learning using a variety of given methodologies.
Delegates will learn how to:
Plan and prepare for facilitation;
Facilitate learning; and
Evaluate learning and facilitation.
This is a two day workshop comprising of six modules and on the second day delegates will be required to give a presentation.
- What is the role of a trainer
- The training cycle
- The clock is ticking
- Creating a stimulating environment
- The Power of first impressions
- Introductions and Icebreakers
- Training rules
- Setting learning objectives
- What are learning styles
- Delivery Skills
The power of presentation:
- Body Language
- Eye Contact
- Making the training interactive
- Facilitation skills
- Evaluation and Assessment of the learning
Your role as a facilitator:
- Formal presentation – how to deliver the material
- What are the key principles
- How to make an impact with your message
- How to facilitate as opposed to teach
- Challenges in the classroom
There will be times, during the training process when the delegates become inattentive, confused and difficult. In this module we shall look at potentially challenging situations and methods which the facilitator can use to alleviate these.
- How to use aids and props to maximise the facilitation process
- What to use and when to use them
- Interim evaluation
- Assessment methods
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Overall course evaluation