Do you staff have the essential, basic skills to ensure that they know how to behave with integrity in a business environment? Have they grasped the basics of customer advocacy, clear and professional writing skills and strong communication and presentation skills?
CorporateWise offers a credit bearing workshop that will give your staff the edge. We cover the fundamentals; the key factors that, when applied, result in success in the workplace..
Business ethics and professional behaviour
- Business ethics – Unit standard 113924 (2 credits)
- Reflecting on own values and belief systems and how they influence own behaviour.
- Discussing how an individual`s ethics impact on the people around him/her.
- Explaining how an individual can behave ethically in a business context.
- Demonstrate techniques for dealing with situations where own values and ethics conflict with work practice.
- Professional business behaviour – Unit standard 114959 (4 credits)
- Knowing how to behave in a business environment.
- Interpreting body language in a business context.
- Interacting with people in a business setting.
- Assessing own professional behaviour in a business setting..
Customer advocacy and essential writing skills
- Customer service – Unit standard 114974 (2 credits)
- Explaining customer service.
- Engaging in an interaction with a customer.
- Demonstrating communication skills in responding to a customer.
- Processing a query in order to respond to a customer need.
- Business writing skills (part 1)
- Write/sign for a specified audience and purpose
- Use language structures and features to produce coherent and cohesive texts for a wide range of contexts
Business writing and presentation skills
- Business writing skills (Part 2)
- Draft own writing/signing and edit to improve clarity and correctness
- Presentation skills - Unit standard 8974 (5 credits)
- Respond critically yet sensitively as a listener
- Analyse own responses to spoken texts and adjust as required
- Use strategies to be an effective speaker in sustained oral interactions
- Evaluate spoken discourse