...the ability to monitor one's own and other people's emotions, to discriminate between different emotions and label them appropriately, and to use emotional information to guide thinking and behavior
Aligned to Unit Standard - 252031
This workshop is designed to help people understand what emotional intelligence is and how one can benefit when one has a high EQ. In understand ourselves, we are better able to set goals and become more effective in the workplace.
What is Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Intelligence and Self Esteem
- Validating and affirming
- Setting goals and achieving them
- Positive language vs negative language
- What is a high EQ, what is a low EQ
- Raising your EQ
- Note: this workshop is very often combined with Conflict Resolution skills and/or Assertive Communication techniques.
Course duration: One day, but dependent on whether or not additional modules are chosen.