Aligned to Unit Standard - 15234
The workshop introduces learners to time management that will enable them to be efficient workers in a selected business sector. The focus is on knowledge, skills, values and attitudes in relation to the learner`s own context and experience of the world of work.
The workshop covers the following:
- Analysis of the demands on our time
- Self analysis on time management
- Ways to improve time management
- Creating, maintaining and using a task list to follow up and assist in completing tasks.
- Scheduling time to complete tasks according to specific deadlines and reporting incomplete activities timeously.
- Create, use and maintain a task list
- Use and maintain a diary system
- Prioritise tasks
- Problem solving
- Eliminating time wasters
- Accountability & personal efficiency
An addition to this workshop is a section on Stress Management. Stress often occurs when employees struggle to manage time with the result that projects run into each other, work is not completed and employees feel overwhelmed.
The Stress Management component covers the following:
- Identifying stress
- Recognising the symptoms of stress
- Managing stress
- The mind/body connection
- Learning to stay in the present moment
Course fees include tea/coffee, a buffet lunch and a certificate of attendance.
We don't just train - we inspire
Learning shouldn’t be something employees have to do. It should be something they want to do.The primary objective of our training is to ensure that the knowledge acquired is applied successfully, adding real value and making a visible difference to work performance in the business environment.
Our workshops are outcomes based and our approach to learning encompasses all learning styles- oral, aural and kinaesthetic, so that all participants can benefit. We incorporate: role play, open discussions, exercises, games, video clips to name a few.
Participants are given real life examples and scenarios to ensure that they will be able to transfer this knowledge back to the workplace.
Our unique Microlearning platform, provides short, smart and focused instructional bursts that put learning into realistic performance contexts for greater retention and application in the workplace. These, delivered on a monthly basis, will help to reinforce the workshop learning and enhance the knowledge transfer to the workplace. This post-course platform includes:
- key-point reminders and tips
- short engaging videos
- useful articles
- quick and targeted assessments
Delegates have full contact to our family of facilitators online, via email or telephonically should they have any queries theory covered during the course at any time following the course, ensuring a quick turnaround on responses.