Time and Stress Management
27/10/2015 08:30 to 27/10/2015 16:30
Cape Town Chamber of Commerce
This Workshop is aligned to Unit Standard 14342
The workshop introduces learners to time management that will enable them to be efficient workers in a selected business sector. The focus is on knowledge, skills, values and attitudes in relation to the learner`s own context and experience of the world of work.
The workshop covers the following:
- Analysis of the demands on our time
- Self analysis on time management
- Ways to improve time management
- Creating, maintaining and using a task list to follow up and assist in completing tasks.
- Scheduling time to complete tasks according to specific deadlines and reporting incomplete activities timeously.
- Create, use and maintain a task list
- Use and maintain a diary system
- Prioritise tasks
- Problem solving
- Eliminating time wasters
- Accountability & personal efficiency
An addition to this workshop is a section on Stress Management.
Stress often occurs when employees struggle to manage time with the result that projects run into each other, work is not completed and employees feel overwhelmed.
The Stress Management component covers the following:
- Identifying stress
- Recognising the symptoms of stress
- Managing stress
- The mind/body connection
- Learning to stay in the present moment