21/02/2017 08:30 to 21/02/2017 16:30
CorporateWise Events - Jhb
Aligned to Unit Standard - 119472
The AIM of the course is to build confidence by teaching the skills necessary to enable a person to present information
logically and clearly at a specific target audience. The course provides both the theory behind verbal presentations and
offers the candidates ample opportunity to practice these skills.
The course will cover:
- Preparing the Presentation
- What is the purpose of the presentation?
- Who is the audience? How to adapt a presentation to a specific audience.
- What are you going to say? This deals with your topic, structuring the presentation and formulating a conclusion.
- How, where and when are you going to present it and how to prepare yourself.
- Performing the Presentation:
- What you say.
- How you say it – the use of your voice.
- Visual impression – how you look.
- Questions – how to deal with questions pertaining to your presentation.
- Fear – tips on how to minimize the fear of public speaking.
Anyone who is required to give presentations in the workshop and/or needs to improve on their oral communication skills.
Course fees include tea/coffee, a buffet lunch and a certificate of attendance.
We don't just train - we inspire
Learning shouldn’t be something employees have to do. It should be something they want to do.The primary objective of our training is to ensure that the knowledge acquired is applied successfully, adding real value and making a visible difference to work performance in the business environment.
Our workshops are outcomes based and our approach to learning encompasses all learning styles- oral, aural and kinaesthetic, so that all participants can benefit. We incorporate: role play, open discussions, exercises, games, video clips to name a few.
Participants are given real life examples and scenarios to ensure that they will be able to transfer this knowledge back to the workplace.
Our unique Microlearning platform, provides short, smart and focused instructional bursts that put learning into realistic performance contexts for greater retention and application in the workplace. These, delivered on a monthly basis, will help to reinforce the workshop learning and enhance the knowledge transfer to the workplace. This post-course platform includes:
- key-point reminders and tips
- short engaging videos
- useful articles
- quick and targeted assessments
Delegates have full contact to our family of facilitators online, via email or telephonically should they have any queries theory covered during the course at any time following the course, ensuring a quick turnaround on responses.