Emotional Intelligence incorporating Clarity 4D
27/08/2015 08:30 to 28/08/2015 15:00
This 2 day emotional intelligence (EQ) workshop, underpinned by Clarity 4D personality profiling, ensures a fun-filled, yet meaningful workshop, where delegates learn, grow and evolve. Emotional intelligence is the ability to understand and deal with one’s own and other people’s emotional states that determine their reactions to life and its situations. Whether we react positively or negatively depends on this understanding and the way in which we communicate is directly linked to this. Understanding the nature of communication, specifically, how to communicate effectively goes hand in hand with understanding and raising our EQ, which leads to more effective problem-solving and better work relationships.
By the end of this workshop, delegates will be able to:
- Understand more about themselves; both strengths and areas of potential growth.
- Invite feedback from others to give another perception.
- Build on this self-understanding to develop more confidence and management qualities.
- Better understand expected behaviours to meet the requirements of employment.
- Have a framework for their personal development plan.
- Adapt communication styles to meet the needs of others
- Identify how we like to be communicated with, and what not to do
The workshop covers, amongst other things:
- Defining Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Intelligence and Self Esteem
- Validating and affirming
- Setting goals and achieving them
- Positive language vs negative language
- What is a high EQ, what is a low EQ
- Raising your EQ
- Self discovery
- Understanding more about self, both strengths and weaknesses
- Setting goals and self-coaching
- Building confidence
- Better understanding of the behaviours expected to meet the requirements of different work situations
- Adapting communication style to connect with other people for improved individual relationships, team dynamics, communication and sales performance
- Identifying how personal influence can be increased by meeting others’ needs
- The process and background of communication
- Barriers to communication and their impact
- Intercultural and inter gender communication
- Voice and voice production (tone, pitch and pace)
- Listening skills
- Body language and its importance
- Assertive expression
- Understanding assertive communication
- Assertiveness vs aggression
- Learning to be assertive
- Communication at work