Effective Business Communication
30/06/2015 08:30 to 30/06/2015 16:30
Cape Town Chamber of Commerce
Cape Town, South Africa
Aligned to Unit Standards: 12153 and 119472
This course is suitable for supervisors, lower and middle management levels. It is particularly relevant for employees needing to communicate to clients and colleagues in writing.
- Write for a specific purpose and audience.
- Use grammatical structures and writing conventions to produce coherent and cohesive texts for specific contexts.
- Adapt language to suit the context.
- Draft and edit own writing.
- Use the various formats of written communication in a business environment: business/formal letters; facsimiles; memos; reports; work related documents.
- E-mail etiquette in the workplace
Communicating orally with people requires many of the same skills as writing to them:
- How your message is communicated:
- Verbal – the message and the medium
- Vocal – your voice/voice production
- Visual – how you present yourself and the aids you use
- Barriers to communication
- The various factors that affect oral the success of oral communication.