23/04/2015 08:30 to 23/04/2015 16:30
Cape Town Chamber of Commerce
Cape Town, South Africa
Aligned to Unit Standards 12153 and 119472
This course is suitable for supervisors, lower and middle management levels. It is particularly relevant for employees needing to communicate to clients and colleagues in writing.
- Write for a specific purpose and audience.
- Use grammatical structures and writing conventions to produce coherent and cohesive texts for specific contexts.
- Adapt language to suit the context.
- Draft and edit own writing.
- Use the various formats of written communication in a business environment: business/formal letters; facsimiles; memos; reports; work related documents.
- E-mail etiquette in the workplace
Communicating orally with people requires many of the same skills as writing to them:
- How your message is communicated:
- Verbal – the message and the medium
- Vocal – your voice/voice production
- Visual – how you present yourself and the aids you use
- Barriers to communication
- The various factors that affect oral the success of oral communication.