15/02/2017 08:30 to 15/02/2017 16:30
Durban, South Africa
Aligned to Unit Standard - 9506
The purpose of this workshop is to teach learners to identify assertive behaviour, realise the value thereof and practice some assertiveness techniques.
Delegates who complete this course will be able to:
- Identify assertive behaviour and discuss the advantages,
- understand the importance of assertiveness as an important tool to use to communicate effectively
- use different techniques to be assertive
This course looks at the process and background of communication and how to communicate effectively using assertive techniques and covers the following:
- Understanding the process of communication and structuring messages
- Understanding outcomes required in communication and how to achieve them
- Improving communication techniques by opening your own communication – Johari Window
- Understanding what motivates you and others and incorporating this into the communication process – communication style
- Exploring emotional intelligence and how it affects communication
- Learning to communicate assertively, controlling emotions and with empathy
- Assertive communication techniques – effective use of “I” messaging
- Positive and negative language – affect or influence
- Relationship building – recognising trust traps and learning how to avoid them
- Also included:
- Voice and voice production
- Listening skills
- Body language
- Stress facts
- Course fees include tea/coffee, a buffet lunch and a certificate of attendance.
We don't just train - we inspire
Learning shouldn’t be something employees have to do. It should be something they want to do.The primary objective of our training is to ensure that the knowledge acquired is applied successfully, adding real value and making a visible difference to work performance in the business environment.
Our workshops are outcomes based and our approach to learning encompasses all learning styles- oral, aural and kinaesthetic, so that all participants can benefit. We incorporate: role play, open discussions, exercises, games, video clips to name a few.
Participants are given real life examples and scenarios to ensure that they will be able to transfer this knowledge back to the workplace.
Our unique Microlearning platform, provides short, smart and focused instructional bursts that put learning into realistic performance contexts for greater retention and application in the workplace. These, delivered on a monthly basis, will help to reinforce the workshop learning and enhance the knowledge transfer to the workplace. This post-course platform includes:
- key-point reminders and tips
- short engaging videos
- useful articles
- quick and targeted assessments
Delegates have full contact to our family of facilitators online, via email or telephonically should they have any queries theory covered during the course at any time following the course, ensuring a quick turnaround on responses.