Team Building with Personality Profiling
The best teams function well as a unit.
A key part of this is understanding each member of your team and how you all fit together. Clarity 4D personality profiling provides impartial analysis of each team member’s personality which can be combined to explore the personality profile of the team as a whole. This awareness enables the team to discuss objectively how different team members work together and how the team functions in relation to other teams and stakeholders. From this base of increased awareness and understanding effective goals can be set and actions identified to increase the performance of the team. This knowledge is also helpful in highlighting particular aspects of work that may cause different team members to feel uncomfortable, demotivated or stressed. Appropriate actions can then be identified that promote both the performance of the team and the wellbeing of its members.
Using Clarity 4D personality profiling teams learn to:
- Understand each other better using colour;
- Increase awareness of why different team members respond the way they do to different situations;
- Support each other more effectively and allocate tasks more appropriately within the team;
- Recognise preferred behaviours of the team as a whole;
- Identify behaviours the team might want to enhance or start using; and
- Set a team vision, refine goals or adopt certain working practices.
After attending the course you will:
- Understand other members of your team better;
- Have an enhanced shared identity as a team;
- Know how to support your team members more effectively;
- Work more effectively as a team; and
- Identify any new behaviours that would benefit your team.
Areas for Change
What is Clarity 4D?
Gain greater awareness
If one likens ones life to a journey, it is wise to establish where one is starting from and where one intends to go. Some people may amble through life without any sense of direction or purpose, and others may wish to challenge themselves on the way by metaphorically climbing mountains. The behavioural model which is offered by Clarity4D is a pathway to establish the most effective route 'up the mountain' in order to bring
'clarity' and 'purpose' to our goal: to reach the heights of self-understanding.
The Clarity4D profile is a snap shot of you at "base camp". It provides an opportunity to discuss the options you have in terms of your behaviours - those you have now, those you wish to develop, and others you may wish to minimise or discard. The colour energies, which are outlined overleaf, offer an easy language to describe how we interact and modify our behaviours when confronted by different types of people and varying situations. The Clarity4D profile can be used for a number of applications from
personal and career development, personal relationships, team dynamics, leadership style, sales techniques and can also be used as a coaching tool.
Specifically, why “Clarity”? This is about looking at our behaviours and psychological preferences from a number of viewpoints and gaining greater awareness of the impact of those behaviours on others. We can then make conscious informed choices about what is right for us.
Why then “4D”?
The 4D is about the 4 dimensions of our development:
1st Dimension: How you see yourself
We all have a self concept, an identity. Some people are very clear about who they are, others less so. By answering the questionnaire you have provided a current picture of how you see yourself.
2nd Dimension: How others see you
We should recognise that because we are all different, the way other people see us will vary too as the origin of their thinking/behaviours will be different.
3rd Dimension: Your hidden potential
Having established how we see ourselves and how others see us, we can explore how much better we could be by unlocking our potential. By working through this, we may reveal strengths of which we were previously unaware.
4th Dimension: The time it takes to develop your potential
Development doesn’t happen overnight. It takes a long time and committed effort to produce consistent behaviours. The last part of this profile is designed to help us to develop more useful habits to form the person we choose to become as we journey through life. We can control the speed of the progression, and the only limitation we have is that imposed by ourselves.
Make use of the Clarity 4D system to directly target and align core job competencies and talent. Ensure that you have happy and well motivated staff that:
- Recognise and value the differences in others
- Have the tools to build closer rapport with others
- Have a framework, a common language, on which to base future interaction
- Motivate and encourage the team during challenging times
- Identify preferred ways of communicating together
- Build collaboration and co-operation
- Create action plans for effective future teamwork
- Raise self-awareness and the impact of our behaviour on others
- Reduce risk of demotivated staff, errors, missed deadlines, wasting time and resources